How To Link Aadhar with PAN before 31 March
The Indian government has made it mandatory for individuals to link their Aadhaar card with their PAN card by 31st March 2023. Failure to do so may result in the deactivation of your PAN card. Linking your Aadhaar with your PAN is a straightforward process and can be done online or offline. In this blog post, we will guide you through the steps involved in linking your Aadhaar with your PAN card.
- Visit the official website of the Income Tax Department of India.
- Click on the ‘Link Aadhaar’ option under the ‘Quick Links’ section.
- Enter your PAN and Aadhaar details in the respective fields.
- Enter your name as mentioned on your Aadhaar card.
- If only the year of birth is mentioned on your Aadhaar card, then tick the box to confirm the same.
- Enter the captcha code and click on ‘Link Aadhaar’.
- Your Aadhaar will be linked with your PAN card if the details match.
- Visit your nearest PAN service provider center or NSDL TIN facilitation center.
- Fill in the ‘Annexure-I’ form, which is available on the Income Tax Department’s website.
- Attach a copy of your Aadhaar card and PAN card.
- Submit the form and documents to the PAN service provider center.
- You will receive an acknowledgement receipt, which you should keep safely for future reference.
Tips to Remember
- Ensure that your name, date of birth, and gender as mentioned on your Aadhaar card match with the details on your PAN card.
- You can link multiple PAN cards with your Aadhaar card using the same process.
- If you do not have an Aadhaar card, you can apply for one online or at any Aadhaar enrollment center.
- You can check the status of your Aadhaar-PAN linking by visiting the Income Tax Department’s website.